DIY Busy Bucket For Dogs
As much as we'd love to, we can't play with our dogs all of the time. The busy bucket is a great way to keep your dog entertained until you're able to play, too. The best part is, it's fully customizeable! You can swap anything in the bucket out for your dog's favorite items like toys or treats. The object of the busy bucket is to cram as many interesting things as you can into the container, so your dog has to work to get them out. Be creative, your imagination is only limited by the size of your bucket.
You will need:
- Toys, such as rope toys or rubber balls
- Other toys with holes to hide treats in, like Kongs
- Larger treat items, such as deer antlers or marrow bones
- Peanut butter (optional - check label for xylitol, which is toxic to dogs)
- Bandana or old pillowcase
- A sturdy bucket
Make the items as tantalizing and interesting as possible. For example, add some kibble and peanut butter to any Kong-style toys. Another way to keep your dog busy is to place a few kibbles or treats in a pillow case or bandana, and tie it in a knot.
Push all of the items into a bucket so they're wedged in securely and your dog will have to spend some time getting them out.